Beloved (including the novel itself, as well as all writings and art on this website) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This means you can:
- Share any part of Beloved in any way you wish.
- Create derivative works such as fanart and fanfiction, translations, etc.
However, you must:
- Give credit to the author, J. H. Rose.
- Derivative works cannot be used for commercial purposes.
- Derivative works must have the same terms of usage.
More information on this can be found at the link located on the bottom of each webpage.
The following conditions are not legally binding; however, I strongly desire for these conditions to be honored. Please keep in mind that at the end of the day, Beloved is a passion project that’s deeply personal to me; and as such, certain uses of my characters makes me deeply uncomfortable. Please respect my wishes.
- Do not use my work/characters in any way which promotes bigotry and hatred, as well as things such as incest, pedophilia, rape, etc.
- Please do not “genderbend” my characters, and especially do not genderbend one half of a couple to make the couple either homosexual or heterosexual. Also do not “racebend” my characters.
- Do not “kin” my characters, or claim you are either them or that they are yours in any way.
- It would be preferable to not split up canonical couples.